Saturday, December 8, 2007

Retrospective Blog/Last Blog

Public relations blogs can help promote specific firms and their successful case studies. If a firm wants its effective public relations campaigns publicized, a blog could be a great way to announce its achievement to the public. However, the firm must be clear that it is the author of the blog. Otherwise, the firm could be accused of pretending to be an outside evaluator. Wal-Mart and FEMA both faced this problem in the past. Public relations practitioners behind Wal-Mart created blogs without clarifying the stories’ origins. A secret blog is the equivalent to a fake news release, which is what FEMA staged in the midst of the California wild fires in October (see earlier blog on FEMA). Public relations blogs are only beneficial if the authors are upfront about their identities.

I will not be continuing my blog. I created it solely for the purpose of developing my research, thesis, and understanding of my topic. Now that my research paper is complete, I do not need to continue blogging. However, I found the blog helpful in terms of the mental organization necessary for writing research papers. My blog forced me to question my topic and challenge my ideas by analyzing case studies and research. Ultimately, my blog contributed to my research paper because it made me look outside the box. I utilized youtube.com and discovered the public’s perspective on public relations through viewing videos related to the keywords “public relations.” This led me to validate public relations, which was a key theme in arguing that public relations is a valuable management tactic in business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.